- They fear the unknown. The statistics revolving around their fatherless kids are daunting. They need compassion. Give them hope!
- They are women and not men. By God’s design they are different to the core of their being. They need wisdom. Pray for insight, discernment, and understanding.
- They have been entrusted with a big responsibility. Raising boys with two parents is a big job. They need support. Connect them with mentors.
- They are overwhelmed. They are managing the home, automobiles, work, finances, and caring for their children. They need assistance. Provide help with their practical needs.
- They are grieving the loss of a husband and the absence of a physical dad for their children. They need comfort in knowing they are not alone. Encourage them to trust and rely on God as the Father to her children.
Thank you for the promise that you are a Father to the fatherless (Psalm 68:5). Raising children is a big job and can be especially overwhelming for those who are bringing up boys without a dad in the home. You are the God who sees and will be faithful.
Nothing is impossible with you. Please surround her with men and women who will be your hands and feet to lighten her load. She needs a mentor team who will be there to answer questions and offer guidance for uncharted territory. Connect her to couples who will mentor her sons–teachers, coaches, and godly men to serve as role models who will step up to the plate to fill the gap. She needs men who will teach life skills to her boys. She needs men who will offer spiritual guidance. She needs people who will show compassion for their emotional needs.
May this precious mom keep her focus on you. I pray the Word of God will bring restoration to her soul and your promises will anchor her during the storms. Surround her with the body of Christ who will meet her practical needs while planting seeds of hope.
Thank you that you hear our cry and are able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think.
In Jesus name, amen