Reflection, a good practice for us all. Throughout scripture God encourages us to take time to remember. Why? To tell the next generation of His faithfulness!
I can’t think of a better way to end 2020 than by looking back on this unprecedented year and recording the ways God has been faithful.
“Remember His wonderful deeds which He has done, His marvels and the judgments from His mouth.” -1 Chronicles 16:12
“I shall remember the deeds of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.” -Psalm 77:11
It has been my personal discipline to keep a monthly journal of the works of the Lord. When I don’t take the time to truly ponder how God is working in the present, it is easy to forget all His wonderful deeds, even in the midst of the chaos of 2020. When looking over my journal, I remembered some disappointments and a vision taking longer than anticipated to reach.
But, in the midst of it all, there were many highlights I am encouraged to remember:
- 80 new donors chose to partner with Perspective Ministries in fulfilling our mission to care for the widow and fatherless.
- I completed training with Stephen Ministry, a pivotal step to Perspective Ministries offering widow-to-widow mentoring.
- And we continued to fulfill the heart of our daily mission by meeting the practical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the widow and fatherless.
2356 needs were met to be exact. That’s approximately 5 needs met every single day!
71 practical needs were met. One highlight was providing reliable transportation for a young widow mom!
1682 emotional needs were met. Remembering a widow with flowers or during a tender time is a powerful way to give hope, like providing Christmas gifts for 65 fatherless children and sending care packages to 66 new widows.
“I cannot begin to tell you how much your gifts and encouragement have helped…the books, sweet handkerchief, and the plush blanket has felt great on these cold wintry nights as I sit on the love seat alone.”-Polly
We also had 603 opportunities to encourage the widow to put her trust in God. Because of the pandemic, WidowLife Online was launched allowing us to reach widows during a hard season.
Betty reminds us that our mission is effective:
“Thank you, Perspective Ministries, for being such a blessing to me and my kids. You inspired me to shift my perspective from mine to God’s.”
Would you join us in creating more stories like Polly and Betty’s in 2021?
Our mission is only possible with your support, and we thank you for prayerfully considering your year-end donation today as we look to close out our $30,000 goal in these last few days.
Here are other ways to give to Perspective Ministries:
- Mail a check to Perspective Ministries: P.O. Box 286 Woodstock, GA 30188
- To donate appreciated stock (avoiding all tax penalties), contact Brad Burcham via email, [email protected] or by phone, 423-702-8942.
May the Lord bless you as He has promised for those who bless the widow!
Lori Apon | Founder and Executive Director