Author: Perspective Ministries
Dear God, please show the warmth of your love to this precious widow during the winter months. Thank you that you promise to be her covering. May she experience your protection in the storm and provision from the cold. As she faces the year ahead, remind her that your plans are good, you are with her, and you will help her. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Verses to pray for the widow in the winter:
- May she not be afraid knowing that God is with her.
- “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “The LORD your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.” – Zephaniah 3:17
- May she trust in God.
- “The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.” – Psalm 28:7
- May she know peace that surpasses understanding.
- “You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.” – Isaiah 26:3
Dear God, thank you for showing us that life comes after death. We thank you for Jesus Christ and His resurrection from the grave, so we can experience new life in Christ. Please remind the precious widow of this truth. May she experience life after her own season of walking through the valley of the shadow of death. Please let her feel your Presence as she waits on you in this season. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Verses to pray for the widow in the spring:
- May she hunger and thirst for God finding her satisfaction in His Word.
- “They waited for me as for the rain, and opened their mouth as for the spring rain.” – Job 29:23
- May her suffering lead her to stronger roots in God alone.
- “That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers.” – Psalm 1:3
- May she experience cleansing and a washing of the Spirit over her during this new season.
- So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; and He will come to us like the rain, Like the spring rain watering the earth.” – Hosea 6:3
- May she know that God is doing a great work in her life, in every season.
- I will give the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your grain, your new wine, and your oil.” – Deuteronomy 11:14
- May she trust in God’s provision knowing that He delights in caring for the widow.
- “And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.” – Matthew 6:27
Dear God, the days pass by at a slow pace most often for those who have been left alone. Instead of looking forward to the lazy days of summer, the stillness may bring about a new kind of loneliness as memories of vacations with her husband bring pain. Show me how to include her in summer activities that might bring a little joy into her life. Lord, please hold her close and remind her that she is not alone. Send people her way to maintain her yard, plant a garden, or offer to sit with her during the heat of summer. Oh God, please restore and refresh her soul.
Verses to pray for the widow in the summer:
- May she grow to appreciate this quiet season.
- “Be still, and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10
- May she replace anxiety with prayer and conversations with God.
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus…the God of peace will be with you.” – Philippians 4:6-7, 9
- May she know God as her shepherd—the One who leads and guides her.
- The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul.” – Psalm 23:1-3
- May she find satisfaction in God for the weary times of grief.
- “For I satisfy the weary ones and refresh everyone who languishes.” – Jeremiah 31:25
- May she find strength in God. Widowhood is not easy. May God give her the endurance she needs for this journey.
- “The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands.” – Psalm 138:8
Dear God, I know that the changing of seasons can be hard on the widow and her fatherless children. Will you please be their warmth this fall. Provide warm clothes, a warm home, and the warmth of your love. Would you continue to show them that you are the Defender of the widow and the Father to the fatherless? Lord, send people to care for her in practical ways and please use me to bring the Gospel into her home. As she faces the season ahead, remind her that your plans are good, you are with her, and you will help her. As the leaves change colors and fall from the trees, remind her that You are near in the changing seasons of her life. You have not forgotten or forsaken her. In Jesus’ name Amen.
Verses to pray for the widow in the fall:
- May she be reminded that tears will eventually turn to joy.
- “Weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning.” – Psalm 30:5
- May she trust God with all that concerns her knowing that He is able to support her.
- “Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken.” – Psalm 55:22
- May she run to the Lord as her refuge and fortress in times of trouble.
- “O taste and see that the LORD is good; how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!” – Psalm 34:8
- May she learn how to wait on God in this lonely season.
- “Therefore, brothers, be patient until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth and is patient with it until it receives the early and the late rains. You also must be patient. Strengthen your hearts, because the Lord’s coming is near.” – James 5:7-8
- May she talk to God in this dark season thanking Him for what she does not understand.
- “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16 – 18