Author: Lori Apon
We are so very sorry for those of you who have family and friends suffering the tragedy of Hurricane Harvey. At the present time, Perspective Ministries is seeking ways to help the widows in need due to this present storm. As we all watch the news of this sad disaster taking place in Houston, I can’t help but relate this calamity to the widow and fatherless with the call of God in James to visit the widow and fatherless in their distress. They have experienced death bringing disaster into their world.
- It is the passion of Perspective Ministries to come in during their storm bringing relief.
- It is our mission to remain after the storm has passed meeting their on-going needs.
- It is our challenge to encourage the widow and fatherless leading them to put their trust in God.
God is always at work! We have had an action-packed first half of the year. Please continue to pray for the ministry as God is bringing many widows and fatherless of all ages, denominations, and walks of life inside and outside the church to the attention of the ministry who are in need of care. The James 1:27 command to visit the widow and fatherless in their distress comes immediately after James issues the challenge that one not only hear the Word of God, but be a doer of the Word. We feel confident that you desire to help. We feel sure that you want to be a doer of the Word when it comes to the care of widows and the fatherless. Perspective Ministries stands ready to assist you to act on this important command to bring relief to those experiencing distress.
In the last six months Perspective Ministries has been active in the following ways:
- 65 widows and fatherless are impacted every month through mentoring, discipleship. Bible study and the WidowLife support group. Please pray the Lord allows us to duplicate the young widow support team to meet the needs of young widows around the city of metro-Atlanta.
- Legal and financial assistance has been made available.
- New widow packets have been delivered to 20 new widows offering comfort and hope during the transition from wife to widow.
- Special projects have reached larger groups of widows at tender times.
- Practical needs have been met: purchased tires, provided home repairs and organization, and worked with volunteers to prepare cards of encouragement for tender seasons.
Perspective ministries is growing quickly and we need your help to continue the story and ministry mission. We are super excited about the upcoming first time ever catalog of gift ideas for the widow and fatherless. We will also bless the fatherless and literally Light Their World by decorating their homes with Christmas lights, and a WidowLife Network Directory of exceptional service providers is being created.
We feel confident that you want to take part in the James 1:27 challenge. Please pray about helping us in one of the following ways.
Financial Support Goal: $100,000 by December 31 to cover the cost of:
- Widow care
- Hiring an assistant
- Operational expenses
Connections Goal: 100 contacts including:
Lori would love to share the story of God’s faithfulness with your small group or church and how you take part in continuing the story.
Would you prayerfully consider joining one of the following ministry teams?
- WidowLife network